Monday, February 7, 2011

Botanical Beauties


The Hamanasi Grounds were absolutely beautiful. The majority of these flowers were found on the grounds. I really enjoyed taking these photos of the flowers and butterflies.


This orchid was actually found at the Xunantunich Ruins on the Magical Mayan History Tour. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Also found at Xunantunich.

This beauty landed on the Cahal Pech Ruins on the Magical Mayan History Tour.

Another orchid, found on the Hamanasi grounds. I had to be very patient with this beauty because they are only open at a certain time of day. I found it open right after lunch one day. I was very happy :)






HUGE palm flower!



I had to include this one because it's Ben's favorite plant. It was really cool because it's so flat.


This fellow was fluttering around the jungle near St. Herman's Cave.




These were my absolute favorite flowers found on the grouds at Hamanasi. I'm pretty sure I took about 20 photos of just this type of flower.

Ben thought this was a very cool looking flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment